The City of Darien, Illinois, is committed to providing superior governmental services improving the quality of life for its residents, businesses and visitors.
The City aims to achieve this mission by:
- keeping all segments of the City safe and secure at all times
- delivering professional, courteous, and equitable service
- striving to attain the highest benefit for the least cost
- initiating and carrying out partnerships with businesses and other governmental organizations
- using technology effectively
- maintaining and improving the City’s infrastructure and public areas
- seeking and valuing input from citizens and businesses
- evaluating and prioritizing the needs on a continual basis and through the annual budgeting process
- attracting and retaining high quality staff, and
- protecting and improving the value of residential neighborhoods through sound land planning and zoning decisions.