Residential Fence Permits
Residential Fence Permit Information
A Permit is Required
- To install, alter or replace a fence
- If a fence is erected in flood plain a more
extensive review must be done.
A Permit Application for a Fence Includes:
- A completed Fence permit (available at City Hall)
- A recent Plat of Survey drawn to scale showing
location of fence, height and type of fence, wood,
Fences May Be Located:
- In the corner side yard setback to a maximum height
of six (6) feet
- In interior side yards to a maximum height of six
- In the rear yard to a maximum height of six (6) feet
except when the Rear yard is next to the front yard of
an adjacent lot, where the fence may not exceed four (4)
Fences May Not Be Located:
- In any front yard, except for landscape fences that
are three (3’) or less in height, twenty-five feet (25’)
in length or less, and not used as a means of
confinement. Non-conforming font yard fences
I Also Need to Know That:
- The finished side of the fence must face away from
- The ground level under the fence may not be changed
without approval of the Zoning Enforcement Officer.
- A fence permit may be issued the same day unless it
is for a corner lot or on a floodplain.
- Fence permits are $25.00.