Building/Public Works Permit Application Procedure
- All permits require a permit application to be filled out, which includes a
description of the project and a list of contractors that will be working on the
- All contractors listed must be registered and/or licensed with the City of
- Most permits require you to bring in your plat of survey. You will be
requested to have your structure – such as a deck, shed, pool, etc... drawn to
scale on a copy of your plat of survey.
- Many permits require architect stamped plans along with the permit
application, including: All new residential and commercial buildings, additions,
alterations, sunrooms, etc…
- Simple permits, such as: fence, roof, electrical service upgrade, driveway
replacement, etc… can usually be issued immediately. *Please note: if your
property is located in flood plain the permit process will take considerably
- All other permits are required to go thru a zoning and/or plan review
process. This process takes approximately two to four weeks from time you submit
your application. *Please note: if your property is located in flood plain the
permit process will take considerably longer.
- The permit fee schedule can be found on our website.
- Permit and plan review fees are not collected until the permit process is
complete and the permit is issued. Fees may be paid by cash or check only.
- Most permits require inspections to take place. You will be given a sheet of
required inspections when the permit is issued. All inspections must be
scheduled by 2:00pm the day before you require the inspection.
For more detailed instructions, please see the Building Permit Information
You may contact the Community Development
Department at 630-353-8115 or via e-mail
email@example.com for question concerning the