Q. When is the Police Department open?
A. Monday through Friday: 7:00am to 7:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 7:00am to 3:00pm
Q. Who do I contact for court and ticket information?
A. The DuPage County Circuit Clerks Office handles court information and payment information for all traffic and ordinance tickets. Click here to be redirected to their site to find court information and payment information.
Q. Where is Traffic Court located?
A. 4000 Saratoga in Downers Grove Click here for a map.
Q. Where is the Police Department located?
A. 1710 Plainfield Road Click here for a map.
Q. Can I pay bond with a credit card?
A. The Darien Police Department accepts bond payments on arrests as cash or through the Government Pay System. There is a convenience fee for all GPS transactions. The officer involved will have further information for you.
Q. Will the Police Department come to our Block Party or Community event?
A. Yes, they would love too! Contact us at 630-353-8133 to schedule an officer for your event. Most officers will be there on-duty and attendance is not guaranteed, however they do try their best to make all events.
Q. How can I pay for my parking ticket?
A. The Darien Police Department accepts cash or checks (made payable to City of Darien) either in person or in the provided envelope.
Q. When do I call 911 and when do I call the non- emergency number?
A. A citizen will call 911 when;
- There is a crime in progress.
- When the citizen believes a crime is occurring or about to occur or has just occurred.
- Any time the citizen believes the presence of a police officer to be necessary to address citizen's concern.
- ANYTIME THEY NEED THE POLICE – EVEN FOR A LOCKOUT TO THEIR VEHICLE OR RESIDENCE.
A citizen will call the non emergency number when:
- Seeking non-critical or non-emergency information.
- When asking questions about laws or procedures.